Thursday, September 25, 2014

I am not a super mom

This is a pure ranting post

Tired of people telling me that my child should be able to sleep through the night. I guess Kevin is the unicorn of the babies who are 4 months old, he ain't sleeping through the night anytime soon that is for sure.

Motherhood hasn't been easy, but it could be a lot worse.

Breastfeeding was hard at the beginning but at least we made it work, 600 dollars on my part to fix the tongue tie issue.  Kevin still kicks his little legs around when he is nursing, why can't he be like other babies, eat calmly and fall asleep?

We expected him to be able to sleep in the swing, none, can't stand that thing for more than 5 mins.  I expect to be one of those cool mom carrying her babies in the carrier, nope, for the first 3 months or so, he hated the carrier.  Now gradually he can tolerant it a bit, but it is still unpredictable sometimes.  And of course he doesn't sleep in it!  The carrier does no sleeping dust effect on Kevin whatsoever.

 I am envious of the moms with cool strollers with the baby car seat, I didn't spend a lot of time searching for this before I gave birth, we should have bought the stroller with the carseat at the same time.

These days I feel restless, I wanna go out do things, yet I don't know what to do, I live too far away from any of the mommy events in Ottawa,  and I am too language incompetent to go to those ones near my home.

Again it could be a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment